Peaceful goodbyes and not being totally honest
Things are quiet and peaceful right now. I decided to hire someone else. I only have one employee at my small accounting firm. And because it's just one, it matters so much how she works and how we collaborate. I had anxious thoughts about this change, but now that I told my ex-employee and she was ok with it, I feel much better.
At some point, I thought my anxious thoughts and feelings were coming from an inner warning or premonition that the transition or the boarding process of the new person will be too difficult. Or that we won't be able to make things work. But the tranquility and peace I feel now tell me that it was not that. It was me feeling guilty for having to let someone go. I am happy we parted on good terms. Very happy. It's hard for me to tell people no. I didn't know how to let her go. It took me a lot of thinking and many days. I made her believe that it was not about her but about the work hours. That I needed someone who could have a more extended work schedule, which I knew for sure she could not do.
I usually do that. I give people different reasons for something so that I wouldn't make them feel bad. I wonder if other people do the same. Or is it just me?
Comments
Post a Comment