The wannabe web designer...
Lately I have been a little obsessed (as I always am when I have a new idea or plan)... So as I was saying, I have been obsessed with creating a website.
During the process I have discovered that there are wonderful tools on the internet, like wordpress that makes it very easy to create websites without having to know all the coding and programming languages that professional web sites builders use.
But the thing is, what I need is sort of a mini online store for my mother who has a local shop, selling linens and other home textiles.
And here is where things get complicated, because it looks to me that the word press themes, tools and widgets are not that stable when you want to create something a little more complicated like an online store.
There are a lot of online resources, even youtube videos that help you build a website, but they do not go into detail. Just like the wordpress themes, they look nice, but when you use them on your site you realise that if you want some customisation, you can not actually do it.
So I am wondering how comes nobody invented a program that helps you build a custom website? Something like powerpoint where you can create the website visually, add images, buttons, specify where the buttons and menus should link, and the program should be able to transform that info in html code or whatever code/language the website needs. Or does this kind of program exist and I am not aware of it... guess I'll have to keep searching or pay somebody to build that website for me...
Comments
Post a Comment