Is information power or a time waster?

A few years ago the expression "information is power" was generally accepted as an absolute truth. When I heard this I felt like I found out the secret of rich and successful people and I envied them for having access to information, more than I envied them for being rich. At that time the internet was in it's early times and I thought there is a secret circle of the rich people that exchange secret info that help them become even richer.
But nowadays, anyone has access to information due to the internet. We have sooooo much information that we can not digest. At least not within our limited time. And in these conditions, the question is if information really is power or is it a waste of time?
Well, I guess it depends. First of all it depends on the source. You have to make sure your source is reliable.
Secondly it depends on the amount of time you allocate to gathering information.
When you want to do something it's good to gather some info about it before diving in, but if you spend too much time gathering information about it and do not get into action ...  well that is where the pitfall lies: postponing the action, just because you have some more information to gather.
Guess what, finding and gathering new information on something will never end, so what you have to do is

                                                          ACT NOW! 
Stop thinking you net more info about what you want to do. You will get the info you need on the way. 

Comments

Popular Posts