Unconscious Decisions

The world has changed so much since I was a teenager. Especialy for me, since I was in my early teenage years when communism broke down in my country. From communism to European Union,  the distance between then and now is more than the years that have passed. 
How was I supposed to know of the opportunities and the possibilities of today? 
How was I supposed to know what to choose to do for the rest of my?
I don't know with what mind I chose my studying path.  I don't even know if I knew the impact and influence it would have on my life. 
What do you think when you are a teenager and have to make a decision like this?  Do you even think?
Some time ago I had a conversation with a teenager who had to decide what courses to take at university.  She was asking me how much people are earning in my job. 
I just wanted to tell her. Forget about money.  You will spend most of the rest of your life doing this.  Your life is more important than the money. 
Think about what you would love and enjoy doing for the rest of your life.
But how can you make a decision like this  at that age, a decision in those past times that would stand as valid in today.
Lucky those who did so. 
I am not one of them. I took a poor decision at that age, at that time. I did not have the confidence and the trust that things would turn out well even if I chose with my heart.  Nor did I have the vision of the possibilities and opportunities of today's digital world. 

Comments

Popular Posts